Sunday, August 16, 2009

Marketing Eye Embraces Twitter To Find New Clients

Who would have thought, that one social media medium would take precedent over another just because of usability, ease of functionality and a more aligned target audience joined by the fact that it is achieving better results for our clients.

When Marketing Eye embraced twitter, I wasn’t too sure what the results would be like. I totally get b2c marketing and the dependence on twitter and alike, but when it comes to b2b – it’s a whole different story.

‘Follow me’ is replacing ‘friend me’ because if we are doing business, quite frankly, I don’t want you to ‘friend me’. We are not ‘friends’ who hang out on Saturdays. I would rather hide under a blanket all day then have embarrassing high school photos with my 80’s perm, white stockings and shoulder pads on display. I don’t want a client or prospect seeing photographs of me with a glass of champagne and definitely not in the endless stream of photographs that tend to be openly on display on facebook by people who have no idea what impact it can possibly have.

‘Follow me’ saves me from embarrassment. In a few words, I can tell you exactly what I want to say, without boring you to tears with what the weathers like and how bored I am on a cold, rainy day in Melbourne.

Whilst Facebook has its place, I am reluctant to share my page with the rest of the world. I value my privacy and that of my friends, so I don’t want them spammed with information that does not directly affect them.

And… I am not alone. In July 2009 there was a study of Fortune 100 companies that found that more had a presence on Twitter (54%) than on Facebook (29%). Surprisingly, only 32% had a corporate blog – of which, I am a big fan. (Source Burson-Marsteller)

Burson-Marsteller found that these top companies were using Twitter for several purposes: company news, customer service, marketing promotions and employee recruitment.

Quite simply, Marketing Eye is not unlike many of our marketing peers who overwhelmingly are choosing Twitter for their clients.

We welcomed the whole Web 2.0 with open arms and saw the dream come alive for many of our clients who chose this path to marketing success.

Low cost, effective and targeted - social networks have provided a platform for even the smallest company to excel.

www.marketingeye.com.au



2 comments:

Jaydev Adhikari said...

Facebook is indeed more people oriented than company oriented. Having used both these social network sites, I think being able to promote your brand or corporation is just one of the additional features of facebook but on Twitter, it is one of the prime factors to be there. Twitter has a more structured and meaningful approach when it comes to using it for promotional purposes.

Unknown said...

'Social networking' is a must do for every serious business player today. Following Facebook and LinkenIn, we now have Twitter that has become a very popular networking site today. Followers as Twitter calls it are more interested in knowing what exciting things a brand or company has to offer. Being innovative, having something valuable and exciting for the followers on offer will definitely result in more followers and the brand occupying the followers mindshare or mindspace.

Also social media like Twitter enables companies to get a clearer picture of how the audience perceives their brand from time to time as compared to other media where the brand has a greater say in developing a liking and an image. It is very important for a company to create brand personification-to treat the brand like a person the company wants it to be whereby customers can identify with the brand and share that with the people the company wants to target or influence.

In today's age of stiff competition any new media cannot be ignored and companies like Marketing eye that want to be at the forefront are definitely taking advantage of these new communication technologies like Twitter.'Get on Twitter now!'Go forth and conquer'