Sunday, October 4, 2009

How profitable is your talent?

We all have talents, but some are harder to find than others.

Mine took many years to work out and eventually I was able to turn that talent into a money making enterprise. Luckily for me, my talent is aligned to my passion and everything is pretty much honky dory.

Today, I was needing a little direction. Many people ring their friends, colleagues or see a counsellor. I ring a Clairvoyant. Go figure.

Being a person that is willing to try anything once, it's not unlike me to go and see a Clairvoyant who may or may not motivate me, make me happy or at the least provide some entertainment for myself and my girlfriends for the next couple of days.

So, off I trotted in the middle of the day to a Clairvoyant, referred by a friend, in Malvern East.

On the way, I rung another friend and they said, 'Save your money. I can tell you exactly what they are going to say.' Although that provided me with a good laugh, it really wasn't an option. Giving away $90 to a complete stranger that espouses to tell me my future is easy, but paying $90 for a new dress that I really want is something I need to think about for at least a couple of days. Madness really.

Now, I am told, that this Clairvoyant is spooky. She is accurate, names names and very blunt, so I go in prepared to hear it all.

So she starts...

'You are lacking drive and start many things but don't finish them. You are going to get married at 37 years of age to someone I have met or know. You have back problems, your parents separated when you were 21, you are going to have children (2 - either twins or quickly after each other), guy in my life who is stuck in the past and still bangs on about an ex that he used to date and can't move forward, London connection and basically cutting to the chase - I meet a guy, get married, have two children, he is going to be in a family business, a total gentleman, sophisticated, supportive and travels alot.

Now seriously, what single girl at 36 doesn't want to hear this?

Of course, I am hoping it's all true, but if it isn't I not about to go back and ask for my money back am I?

Because I choose to, I am going to focus on this information being correct at the time of the reading - I am a positive person, so by nature this is what I would always do.

However, what a great business! Say she does 6 readings a day, 6 days per week... not a bad income earner I say. Cash in hand, no strings attached.

How profitable is her talent? Very!

We all want the good news and shy away from bad news. She allows you to opt for just good news. Why wouldn't you go to someone who is going to give you good news?

I am a fan because I have walked out of her house on cloud 9. My life is going to be good - actually great! Fantastic!

I can't be happier.

Fortune telling is a talent and I am not sure whether I am a believer or whether I think that some people can read your mind and tell you want you want to hear. But it is something that requires a minimal qualification, good money and your own hours with people like me only too happy to hand over $90 for a reading from a complete stranger.

Not bad I say!

No comments: