Monday, April 6, 2009

Twitter Smitter

I have tried everything. Changed screens on my computer, rummaged to the next page in newspapers and hummed la la la in my head when my staff mention it and to be honest, tried everything in the book to avoid hearing about it.

Twitter Smitter as I like to call it is on everyone's lips. From business leaders to celebrities. Think Ashton Kutcher posting a picture of his A-List Actress Wife Demi Moore bending over in her underwear, exposed for the world to see on Twitter. Lindsay Lohan just today ranted on Twitter that her girlfriend was having an affair and even Barack Obama has used this ultra cool social media to connect to the public.

Setting up a Twitter account takes about 2 minutes. They don't ask alot of information. I immediately decided to look up what Ashton Kutcher has been twittering. There is nothing too exciting there. Not sure why he has over 700,000 people following him. Power of celebrity I suppose.

I am not sure what to write, but know that I had better write something since I have gone to the effort of setting it up.

So I write that I am attending Carbon Expo on the Gold Coast in October 2009. The day is quite miserable here in Melbourne - cold, rainy and grey, so thinking of the Gold Coast's sandy beaches and blue skies is the best I could think about right now.

I am sure the more I Twitter, the more accomplished I will become.

My staff use it for business and they also set Twitter up for clients as part of their web 2.0 strategy.

Here are some ways that you can use Twitter to market your business and improve your sales.

1.Mix in a little personal life with your professional life. Twitter allows you to post snippets of information about yourself and your business on a blog. These short little comments need to be packed with interesting words that keep your customers interested enough to want to return to your blog. Keep your customers intrigued by including a little bit of your personal life in your Twitter blog.

2. Link your Twitter blog to your business website. Any successful marketing strategy considers ways to improve website traffic. If your business already has a website, consider linking your Twitter blog to your website (and vice versa) so that you can direct your customers to both.

3. Keep your Twitter blog up to date. Keep your Twitter blog up-to-date so that there is always something fresh and new for your customers to absorb. Log on at least every other day, if only for a few minutes. Whether you post about your new business services or where you had dinner last night, you'll keep your customers coming back. And that's a great way to market your business.

www.marketingeye.com.au

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how fast Twitter grew into this huge world renowned thing. I guess though, with IPhone's and Blackberry's this is the fastest way to stay connected and to let people know what you are doing every second of your life. This Web 2.0 tool is one that allows people to know what businesses are doing and what new things they have coming up at no charge.---The benefits are immense.

Unknown said...

It must be such an enormous help to a company to be able to "tweet" to their customers at no charge - and in real time. They can hear the consumer's needs and respond quickly and to a mass of people - not needing individual emails of the past (no matter how recent it may be).