Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Launches That Make An Impact


Last night I was invited to attend the launch of a new film production and distribution company at MTV in East Sydney.

I had many reasons for being there. Firstly, I have a film production company of my own www.insomniafilms.com that does mainly corporate and charity related work. Secondly, my good friend John is involved in the company on a number of levels and I wanted to be there to support him.

On arrival, I was blown away by the sheer magnitude of the event. I expected an event with 60 to 80 people, drinking champagne (isn't that what all launches are about?) and eating canapes.

Well, was I in for a surprise. There were around 700 people (apparently, 750 people rsvp'ed), and there was an electic mix of extreme sportspeople, celebrities, business people, tv types and of course hot chicks. When I am talking hot... I am talking smokin'.

I was there with my cousin who was mesmerised by the number of attractive women amongst the 700 strong crowd at the event. For him, this is the best event launch he had ever been to. Some people are really easy to please.

The company has the rights to US entertainment giant, VAS Entertainment, in Australia and Asia.

They use content and turn it into television programs and movies, and also make television shows and movies having bought the rights to various novels.

Interestingly, the guys behind VAS Entertainment have previously worked with the highly successful Bra Boys Documentary in the capacity of producers.

The launch had copious amounts of drinks, great food (loved the cupcakes touch!), entertainment (I thought I was in a club in St Tropez for a moment!)and the largest group of interesting and different people I have ever seen at a launch in Australia.

It was mesmerising to say the least. I could have stayed all night and people watched.

The extreme sportspeople mingled freely with the business-types and everyone quite simply had a good time. The speeches were 2 minutes if that and the vision on the screens at the MTV Studio's highlighted some of the group's work.

If you find time, check out www.vasaustralia.comm.au - worth the look!

www.marketingeye.com.au

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That sounds like such a cool thing to have taken part in. I'm sure that this is something that you will remember for awhile it sounds like.

Unknown said...

Sounds like they did a better job marketing than you had thought!
They certainly got quite a good turnout